Why Preferred Trust Company (PTC)?
Preferred Trust Company is a Nevada licensed trust company that offers help for self-directed IRAs in both administrator and custodial roles. The group was formed in 2007 to help people find new ways to invest in IRAs. The team is a custodial group with hundreds of millions of dollars of assets under administration for clients in every state.
The group provides self-directed IRA support for people looking to invest in various alternative assets. People can invest in real estate, natural resources, and private industry alternatives. You can use your traditional or Roth IRA to support any of these assets.
This Preferred Trust review will help you see what makes this company an appealing choice for your IRA planning needs. You will find that Preferred Trust offers a supportive and comprehensive approach to handling your assets.
The Pros and Cons of Investing With Preferred Trust
Here is a summary of the positives and negatives that come with using Preferred for your SDIRA needs:
- PTC provides a thorough team-based approach to helping you run your IRA.
- They make it easy for people to link their accounts to various entities, such as Birch Gold Group and Augusta Precious Metals that offer precious metals for investing and retirement accounts (SDIRA).
- The fee structure at Preferred Trust is simple and easy to follow.
- The group can help you manage various assets in different classes.
- Preferred can also open an LLC for you if you request assistance.
- The customer service team is always responsive to whatever needs customers have.
- Fees can keep rising as you invest more money.
- There are no live chat features on the Preferred Trust website.
- It can take as long as a week to transfer your funds to your IRA in some situations.
Top Benefits of Investing With PTC
A Five-Point Approach to IRA Management
Preferred Trust uses a five-point team to help with every aspect of your self-directed IRA:
- The customer service team can help you get started opening your SDIRA.
- The transfer team can move funds from your specified financial institution into your Preferred Trust IRA.
- The investment section reviews the necessary legal data for your IRA to ensure it meets government regulations.
- The accounting group handles IRA payments, distributions, contributions, and other financial aspects. The accounting team also documents your tax data as necessary.
- The marketing team will help you learn about alternative investments and how to use them.
You can contact members from any of these groups when running your IRA.
It’s easy to acquire gold and silver and other items for your self-directed IRA with Preferred Trust. While Preferred Trust does not directly sell these assets, you can link your Preferred Trust IRA to your transaction to facilitate the deal and connect your assets to your IRA. The dealer will contact Preferred for payment for an order and will complete the transaction when it receives those funds.
Asset Management Support
You can consult Preferred for help in handling assets in various forms. Preferred Trust has three categories of investment assets you can consider:
- Real Estate – You can invest in tax liens and deeds, trust deeds, and promissory notes.
- Natural Resources – Gas, oil, timber, and precious metals can work in your Preferred Trust IRA.
- Private Industry – Some of the assets you can add to your IRA include private equity and debt investments.
The team at Preferred can guide you through seeing what assets are available for your use.
Top Reasons To Avoid Investing With Preferred Trust
Fees Can Keep Rising
The fee schedule at Preferred Trust is easy to figure, but those fees can start adding up when you invest more money. The annual account fee with Preferred Trust is as low as $300, but it will keep rising to up to $1,000 a year, depending on how much money you have in your IRA.
Tough to Contact at Times
While the customer service department is helpful, it can take a bit for you to contact someone at Preferred Trust. In addition to having no live chat features on its website, the customer service department is only available during traditional business hours in the Pacific Time zone.
How PTC Works
They provide a helpful approach to managing your self-directed IRA. Preferred Trust will keep your liquid funds safe while collecting income and principal for the IRA. Preferred can also make disbursements from the IRA as necessary.
You can start your IRA with Preferred through a few steps:
- Select the type of IRA you wish to open.
- Provide a government-issued photo ID and other details as proof of your identity.
- List details on how you will fund your IRA. You can include details on any rollover plans you want to follow here.
- You can use the Adobe E-Sign process to verify your IRA. You can also mail a signed application kit to Preferred’s headquarters in Las Vegas or by email.
- The group will help start your IRA in a few business days after you provide the proper info.
Who Will Benefit From Preferred Trust Company?
IRA investors who want to invest in precious metals, real estate assets, and other private investments can benefit from what Preferred Trust provides. Preferred will help you set up a self-directed IRA and guide you towards various solutions you can consider.
PTC is perfect for people looking for a simple way to invest while receiving the backing of a customer service team that can help their needs. You will find it easy to do more with your IRA when you ask Preferred for support.
Does Preferred Trust offer IRAs dedicated to precious metals?
Preferred Trust offers general self-directed IRAs that can support precious metals, but it doesn’t have IRAs that focus exclusively on those assets.
Can you use Preferred Trust Company if you have an inherited IRA?
Preferred Trust can help you if you have an inherited IRA that someone else once held. The rules for how you can handle your IRA here will vary based on whether the deceased party died before or after January 1, 2020.
What assets are prohibited from your Preferred Trust IRA?
You cannot invest in life insurance, art, antiques, rugs, gems, or non-precious metals through your IRA. Preferred Trust follows all IRS standards surrounding what you can and cannot add to your self-directed IRA.
Risk Disclosure: Any investments, such as alternative investments in crypto, gold, silver, tax liens, real estate, and private placements come with an inherent risk, where you could end up making less money than what you put in. Before investing your hard-earned cash, be sure to speak with licensed professional financial advisor first. Always remember that past performance is not an indication of future returns.
Disclaimer: The website's owners of Cryptowealthbay.com may be compensated for suggesting certain businesses, goods, and services. While we do everything possible to verify that all of our content is accurate, the information we provide may not be impartial or unbiased, and it does not constitute financial advice.